First is a list of every job we've ever done in detail. Below it, find Bobbi's general resume.
HOOKED – dark fantasy/horror novel, available in print, Kindle, and epub at all major online retailers
WRITING IS ACTING: HOW TO IMPROVE THE WRITER'S ONPAGE PERFORMANCE – learn essential writing skills via theatrical perspectives & original exercises – available in print at Amazon, ebook coming soon
RIFTGUARD: THE HIDDEN HEART – YA fantasy, coming soon
Myra's Birthday Surprise & Sing Around the Rosie – 2 interactive eStorybooks to support the Mooshka doll line – MGA Entertainment
Are You Afraid of the Dark? – 4 orig novels based on Nickelodeon TV series – Simon & Schuster
Bratz Chatz, Bratz Moodz, Bratz: Crimes Against Fashion – middle-grade novels – Grosset & Dunlap
Charmed – orig YA novel based on WB TV series – Simon & Schuster
Jingle All the Way – YA novel adapt of Fox film – Simon & Schuster
Journey of Allen Strange – 2 YA novel adapts + 2 orig YA novels – Simon & Schuster
The Lizzie McGuire Movie – NY Times Childrens’ Bestseller & USA Today bestseller – Hyperion
RIDE – 3 YA novel adaptations of the new Nickelodeon TV series – Candlewick Press
Sabrina the Teenage Witch – 8 orig novels + YA novel adapt of ABC TV series pilot – Simon & Schuster
Secret World of Alex Mack – orig YA novel based on Nickelodeon TV series – Simon & Schuster
Smallville – orig YA novel based on WB TV series – Little/Brown & DC Comics
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy – 3 orig middle-grade novels – Simon & Schuster
Chapter Books / Storybooks / Picture Books / Activity Books
Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, Goof Troop – adaptations in text/comic book format – Disney Comics
Animaniacs – coloring/activity book – Western Publishing
All Grown Up: It’s About Time – orig chapter book – Simon Spotlight
Dexter’s Lab – 5 picture books + 1 chapter book based on the Cartoon Network series – Scholastic
Fairly Oddparents – Ready-To-Read chapter book – Simon Spotlight
Foster’s Home For Imaginary Friends – orig storybook – Scholastic
Gargoyles: Defenders of the Night – storybook adaptation – Fun Works/Disney
Groovy Tubes: Monster Hunters Handbook – dev/ms – InnovativeKids
Hiro Dragon Warrior 1 & 2 + Twisted Tales 2 – dev/ms for Phonics Comic books – InnovativeKids
Monster House – Ready-To-Read storybook adapt of movie – Simon Spotlight
NICK CLUB books – pre-chapter book orig stories for Fairly Oddparents, Wild Thornberrys, Jimmy Neutron and Rocket Power – Scholastic-At-Home
Roller Coaster Tycoon – orig middle-grade novel based on interactive game series – Grossett & Dunlap
Salem’s Tails – orig chapter book, spin-off based on “Sabrina” ABC TV series – Simon & Schuster
Scarlett & Crimson – dev tween-age chapter book series, wrote the first 2 books – Simon Spotlight
Shrek 2: Cat Attack! – storybook adaptation – Scholastic
SpongeBob SquarePants – 3-D comedy/activity book – Golden Books
VeggieTales series – 2 original storybooks – Scholastic-At-Home
Vinyl Vehicles series – 2 squeeze-and-squeak books – Joshua Morris
Interactive / Game Writing
Disney’s “Pixie Hollow” MMO – development and wrote all quests – Disney Online
“Pirates of the Caribbean” Online – MMO game dev/writing, Players Guide, dictionary – Disney Online
Disney Trivia Time – wrote 1,000+ trivia questions for online game – Disney Online
Kim Possible: Legend of the Monkey's Eye – PC platform game for Disney Online
Disney Princess Castle Party, Little Mermaid’s Bubble Blast, Aladdin’s Magic Carpet Race, Lilo & Stitch Blazing Lasers, Timon & Pumbaa’s Grubalicious – dev/wrote games for online sale – Disney Online
Hot Shot Business 2/3/4/5 – award-winning edutainment games – Buena Vista Internet Group/Kaufman Foundation Cross Terrain Challenge – dev and script, first game of new edutainment line - Vivendi Universal Games
Disney Online – writers/consultants for launch of Disney Online/Daily Blast + Digital Cinema page
Worlds of Disney – 22 online cartoons of Aladdin, Hercules, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Ludwig von Drake, Mulan, Robin Hood, Winnie the Pooh
Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Brat Attack (CD-ROM) and A Twitch In Time (Playstation) - Simon & Schuster Interactive
Movie / Animation / Audio Scripts
The Doomsday Trilogy – 3 action/horror feature films for Full Moon Entertainment
Pocket Dragon Adventures – animated series for Bohbot Entertainment, 4 episodes
The Lion King’s Timon & Pumbaa – Disney TV Animation, 2 episodes
Robbery On the Overland Express – Mickey Mouse interactive audio mystery pack
Superman vs. Toyman – cassette w/ storybook – DC Comics Licensed Publishing
Copywriting / Consulting
• Ghostwriter: ebook chronicling the stellar career of a major corporate exec; editor of an ebook concerning virtual businesses
• Mile High Hollywood: company development consultant (created name, composed mission statement, wrote promo brochures, researched for company videos)
• Creative copywriting for Disney and Warner Bros. hit TV tie-in consumer products (sell sheets, slogans, headlines, box copy, interviews, articles, more)
• Freelance book editor: 3 genre novels
Graphic Novels / Comic Book Adaptations of Disney & Warner Bros. films & series
Space Jam, The Lion King, Aladdin, Aladdin and the King of Thieves, Beauty & the Beast, Shipwrecked, The Three Musketeers, White Fang, Tale Spin
Writer’s Digest, Disney Adventures, Little Mermaid Magazine, Mickey Mouse Magazine, Disney’s Guide For Grown-Ups – articles, interviews, short stories, activity pages
Original Comics Tie-In Stories
Aladdin – Marvel/Disney Comics
Animaniacs, Pinky & the Brain, Tiny Toons, Looney Tunes (100+ stories) – WB Worldwide Publishing
Chaos God Saga – special 60-page-5-show Disney Afternoon crossover series
Dexter’s Laboratory, I Am Weasel, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls – DC Comics
Dinosaurs – 88 pages original adventures based on the Henson/Disney TV series
Gargoyles, Timon and Pumbaa, Aladdin, Peter Pan, The Jungle Book, Bonkers, Tale Spin, Goof Troop, Darkwing Duck, Mickey Mouse, Marsupilami, DuckTales, Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers (90+ stories, Disney Comics & Disney Adventures mag)
Tale Spin – writers of monthly series – Disney Comics
Teen Titans Annual & Terminator Annual – plots for ‘92 crossovers – DC Comics
Trading Cards / Collector Card sets – Inkworks, Fleer/SkyBox, NECA, Atlas Editions
The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising, Shrek the Third, The 4400 seasons 1-2, Robots, Smallville seasons 1-5, Catwoman, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, Looney Tunes: Back In Action, Scooby-Doo cartoon set, MIB2, Jurassic Park III, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tron, Star Trek Universe (300+ cards), Batman and Robin, Disney’s Hercules, James Bond Connoisseur Collection (3 sets), Aladdin and the King of Thieves, 101 Dalmatians, James Bond/GoldenEye, Batman Forever (2 sets), Gargoyles, Star Trek: Generations, The Three Musketeers
Other Writing / Editing
Action Files – a 4-book comics series for public school literacy education – MC Press
Animaniacs – children’s disaster-preparedness comic book for The American Red Cross (worldwide)
Donald Duck Orange Juice – gag strip series for orange juice cartons
Hercules – story breakdown and text for a ViewMaster adventure – Disney Consumer Products
Home Improvement: More Power Pack – gag tool set, design & box copy – Disney Consumer Products
K-Mart/Looney Tunes Special – Taz 40th birthday comic, exclusive at K-Mart Stores
The Mighty Ducks – licensee style guide – Disney Consumer Products
Editor, Disney Comics / The Walt Disney Company
Monthly titles Mickey Mouse, Darkwing Duck, Goofy, Tale Spin, Junior Woodchucks, Chip ‘N’ Dale Rescue Rangers. Founding member of staff. Initial set-up of all layout and graphic elements.
The Voyager Company – freelance editor, computer Expanded Book series
TV Production (Bobbi)
“The Golden Girls” – Production Secretary for 2 seasons
Bobbi holds a BA degree in Theatre/Acting with an English minor.
Bobbi JG Weiss
Award-Winning Entertainment Writer: Creative, Versatile, Reliable, Professional
• 10+ years’ successful collaboration in the creation of major games and MMOs, comics, interactive ebooks, novels, animation, copywriting, articles, interviews, ghostwriting.
• Genre writing: comedy, action adventure, fantasy, SF, horror, parody, and edutainment.
• A honed ability to shift writing style to match fiction or non-fiction needs.
• Vast knowledge and experience analyzing IPs down to their elemental components and generating spot-on story and/or content ideas. Have then brought those ideas to successful completion as Head Writer or Associate.
• Enjoy working solo as well as in small or large creative groups.
• Excellent editing, proofreading, and recordkeeping skills.
• Clients: The Walt Disney Company, Warner Bros., Vivendi, Zynga, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Marvel Comics, DC Comics, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, more.
Writing/Editing Quick Stats
• 15 games, 2 MMOs: development, worldbuilding, character creation, narrative and quest design, quest writing (Head Writer, Associate Writer, and Contributing Writer).
• 50+ books (novels, picture books, activity/puzzle books, business ebooks).
• 150+ comic books and graphic novels (adaptations and original tie-in stories).
• Creative copywriting for Disney and Warner Bros. Consumer Products; ghostwriting (2 business ebooks); freelance editing (3 genre novels).
• A slew of other writing projects such as educational comics, audio scripts, online animation, movie collector card sets, gag strips, and over 1,000 Disney Trivia game questions.
Teaching and Mentoring Experience
• Led 8 educational writing workshops/seminars to groups of 10 to 200 adults & teens at writing conventions, Los Angeles School District Author Festivals, and local libraries.
• Mentored a young local teen writer for 2 years (2001-2). Helped her achieve her first novel publishing credit at Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse.
Awards and Recognition
• Featured in Nov. 13, 2017 Publishers Weekly article about professional tie-in writers.
• Disney Online received Parents' Choice Gold Award & Best Education Web Site for Hot Shot Business, a biz ed game series I wrote with them for The Kaufman Foundation.
• New York Times Children’s Bestseller List and USA Today Bestseller List 2003.
• University of California, Davis (BA Theatre Arts/Acting, English minor).